Cyber bullying or cyber harassment is a form of bullying or harassment using electronic means. Cyber bullying and cyber harassment are also known as online bullying. It has become increasingly common, especially among teenagers, as the digital sphere has expanded and technology has advanced ( https://www.lindsaytsang.com/how-cyberbullying-affects-ment…).
According to a study conducted on youth by a group of researchers from US ; it is found that there are some ways in which the mental health of kids is affected by cyber bullying. Some of the affects are mention below:
1) Bullied Teens are More Likely to Smoke, Drink and Use Drugs
2) Cyber bullying can lead to poorer Academic Achievements.
3) The kids can go in state of deep depression.
4) They may face a low self- esteem
5) Extreme bullying among kids has caused them to commit suicides.
6) Bullied teens usually are found in the state of severe anxiety.
Now as we have read above, the effects of the Cyber bullying on teens; one of the best way to tackle this issue is to consult with a Psychologist or an experienced mental health professional who can advice some methods and treatment which can help teens recover and protect them from the effects of cyber bullying which is becoming common nowadays.
Serene Retreat is one of the leading Addiction and Mental Health Treatment provider based in Malaysia with its branches locally and abroad. For more information about our treatment programs you can reach us via Call/Whatsapp +60 14-687 2268 or visit our website www.sereneretreat.com.my.