When it comes to beating a drug or alcohol addiction, working adults may be reluctant to take time off from their jobs for an inpatient treatment programme. However, there are many other options. Professionals can benefit from outpatient programmes that allow them to return to their normal routines while still allowing them to recover.
When employees are under the influence, the risk of workplace accidents increases significantly. It is possible to be charged with aggravated assault and sexual battery for drinking while at work.
Workplace addiction and drug abuse can lead to a variety of other issues, such as:
- Performance at work is affected by withdrawal symptoms.
- While under the influence, inability to focus or concentrate
- Taking too many risks at the expense of the company.
- Coworker drug sales and other illegal activities
- Employees aren’t the only ones who suffer as a result of drug abuse in the workplace. Friends, family, and coworkers all talk about how stressful it is to be at work.
Signs of Substance Abuse and Addiction in the Workplace
There are some signs that suggest a problem, but most addicts keep their drug use hidden from their employers and coworkers. It’s possible that someone abusing drugs at work will act in ways that are fundamentally different from those of their peers. They may avoid or unfairly blame coworkers and friends for their own mistakes. The following are possible signs that someone in your office is abusing prescription drugs:
- Talking openly about one’s financial woes
- Deterioration of personal hygiene or appearance
- Complaints about the state of one’s personal relationships
- Taking time off to deal with minor health issues or personal issues
We at Serene Psychology and addiction Rehab are providing consultancy and treatment for all major mental health , psychiatric disorders , suicide prevention and addictions ranging from drug, alcohol to gambling in Malaysia. This treatment can be done either in our residential treatment centers alternatively on a consultation basis at our Psychiatric Specialist Clinic or can be in patient admission at our rehab center.
To book an appointment or inquire Call +60 14-687 2268 or visit our website https://sereneretreat.my.